How To Choose The Perfect Art For Your Home
1. Setting the tone
2. Choosing the style
3. Choosing Colours
- Use the same colour but in different shades. For example, a light green looks beautiful with a richer, darker green wall.
- Most spaces should not exceed four colours
- When in doubt - stick to black and whites as they match everything while also adding to the elegance of a structure
4. Choosing the right colour frame
- Oak frames - Most natural choice. Can easily match a modern and rustic home.
- Black frames - Offers an elegant, formal look. A black frame can highlight the darker features in your design and can act as a contrast to lighter ones.
- White frames - Offers a more casual and eclectic look. A white frame tends to make the light hues of a design to blend into the background.
5. Choosing the right size for your room
Size matters! Generally, if you have a smaller room, one big piece of artwork can actually make a room feel a lot bigger.
If you are looking to hang your artwork on a blank open space, we suggest to aim to fill about two-thirds to three-fourths of your wall space.
If you are looking to hang it above a piece of furniture, do not select a size that is wider than the width of your furniture. It should be 50-75% the width of your furniture.